Saturday, September 11, 2010

He left yesterday and today he is in Iraq. There is nothing like watching the one you love stepping on a bus and driving away from you. The butterflies in your stomach and the empty feeling that you have as the slowly diappear. Today is his birthday and he is halfway around the world, fighting for our freedom. On September 11, 2001 we were attacked and he woke up to the worst birthday he would ever remember. Today he landed in Kuwait to fight a war that began in 2001 on his birthday, a day that we didn't could never have imagined would bring us here. My hubsband has always had a deep love for his country and I am so proud of him and I love him so much. I would not change a day of our lives for anything. God has blessed us so much, and I am thankful for everyday with him. I will count down everyday he is gone, until he is home again. I wish he was home today, but I am proud of where he is and what he is doing.

No comments: