Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blessings

God blesses us with so many things, and we tend to drown out our blessings with our sorrow. The Bible tells us to rejoice even in times of great sorrow, that we should rejoice in the Lord always. I have been making sure that although my husband is gone to rejoice everyday for all of the blessings that I have in my life. Today I have a daughter turning 16 years old, and she was surprised that I could focus on her at all, with my DH leaving last Friday. But she has been a blessing in my life for 16 years and I thank God for her everyday. I think we don't thank God enough for the things we do have, and we continue to ask for more. We don't trust God with our DH, we want to take care of everything ourselves, and then we become overwhelmed. Then we wonder why we are sick, from stress and worry. God is just telling us to slow down, that He has this, that He wants to carry us and take care of us. When we feel like we can't count on anyone else in our lives, He is ALWAYS there to sustain us. He is always there to be our friend, our Father. He will listen to all of our secrets, and then the best part is He will forgive us. We can't always say that about a friend, or our husband. He will never judge us or yell at us. I think that is so amazing, He is just there to hold us in His heart and Love us unconditionally. Some women run all their lives looking for that unconditional love when all they really have to do is look up. I marvel at my children and their individual relationships with God. It is amazing thing to see innocent young children love God as much as they do, and hunger to learn about Him. Then to see grown people run from Him they way that they do is so sad. I just wish that they could see how He loves us. It is so amazing, He gave us His all, everything He had. Would we be willing to make the same sacrifice for Him???? Just something to think about on a day when I am so thankful for the gift of my very beautiful daughter, my husband may be away, but he will be safe because he is in God's hands while he is away.

No comments: