Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

So today was mothers day and it was a great day, I am trying to get all the great days I can in before he leaves. We got up super early and went to Church. I have this tendency to procrastinate, which totally drives DH insane, and we had to get the Sunday school bags ready. There was easily 1 1/2 hours worth of work to do in there this morning. Yeah this morning did not start off well with him. I however found it very humorous. I do have from Wed. to get this list completed, boy talk about being stuck in a hole in the wall with someone complaing...lol, I thought he was going to strangle me when he saw the list, and I don't know why I read it to him when I get it in my email on Wed night. Oh the stress of deployment, that is what I am going to blame this on.
In other wonderful news, we came home from Church and I had wonderful cell phone messages from my children that are in NY, and my little one and DH sent me to bed and made me brunch. My 17 year old brought up some ice cream and we layed in bed and watched a movie and ate some ice cream while we were waiting for DH and kids to bring me brunch in bed! I thought that was wonderful of him!
I finally DID IT!!! I made my honey do list 2 days ago, so over the next couple of weeks as I continue to blog before he goes I am going to update the list on here. One of my big jobs for him is to get the kitchen painter, the frony yard set up for the summer and fall, getting our storage shed cleaned out, putting together the girls trampoline, setting up my office in our bedroom (I am not normally allowed this but I am taking advantage of him not being here I can do this for exactly15 months woohoo) there are a bunch more things on the list but those are all the major things. Today while I took a nap after my wonderful brunch he started working on the front yard getting it ready for my flowers and my swing and lounge chair.
We are going on vacation in a week in a half so we really don't have long to accomplish all that we want done, but whatever doesn't get done really isn't that big of a deal, I can do it as I get around to it. There are just those things that a guy can do a little faster than us. Or so we like to think, or let them think. Or something like that.
So as the days quickly fly by for some of us and slowly pass for others, I am sitting here thinking, that most of us really don't measure time by minutes or hours anymore but more as to what we have accomplished along the way. The more we have accomplished then it is QUALITY time rather than QUANTITY time. Do you realize that when we were little there was never a distinction between the 2 we just spent time with our family and spent time with our frinds and what we got with either was great and we didn't complain. Wow our society continues to become more spoiled as time goes by, and we are raising our children and the people that will be running this country to whine and compain over some very minor issues. Hmmm just a thought as I was thinking about my honey do list.

Until later, peace be with you and my prayers are with you and your loved ones,
Mel

No comments: