Thursday, May 8, 2008

another day closer

It's like a count down, remember when you were a kid and you would count down the days until summer, when you didn't have to go to school anymore, or maybe you were counting the days until your birthday, could have been Christmas. The difference is this time you are not counting the days for a joyous event, you are counting the days hoping instead for them to drag on and take their time passing. Have you ever noticed when you want time to fly by, it doesn't, but when you don't want it to it does! So yes it is just another day to everyone else but to us it is another day closer to THE day.
I do feel fortunate, my husband hasn't started the dreaded "getting ready to deploy" attitude I have heard about from some spouses. He is pretty much the same as always. We get a little snippy with each other sometimes, which is out od character but I have to blame that on both of us. I know I am on pins and needles. I tell everyone that when I drop him off I am going to treat this as if he is going away for all those one month deployments, but truthfully who am I really kidding? I can lie to myself all I want, I highly doubt I am going to convince myself of anything anytime soon. I need to actually prepare my children for this so that they will understand that daddy isn't just going away for a little while this time, usually after about 20 days they are rebelling and awful so this should be a real challenge! I guess as lucky and fortunate as I have been I need to realize that his wish is to do this and I do support this but holy cow what a hard adjustment this is for everyone!
I have decided to just devote myself to just doing good things while he is gone. I am going to work on my businesses, and I have volunteered with the FRG and I am thinking about doing the same with the Red Cross if I can find the time. I also think I will become more active when the girls go back to school next year and I think we will be starting work on the Church Christamas Pageant a lot earlier this year than we did last year and I am usually the lead coordinator of that as well so for at least the first few months I will be very busy. I will also have most of our 7 children with me all summer so that will also keep me busy as well. I am hoping that since the first few months I will be extremely busy, that, that would be the hardest time as well so who knows.
He goes on leave tomorrow and I am not sure what we are going to be doing while he is on leave. I do know that the girls are still in school so there isn't a whole lot that we can do without pulling them out. But I think that it should be ok, other than my 17 year old, and she can stay with a friend. I know he wants to go see his parents and he is hoping to go see his girls before he leaves. Hopefully we will get a chance to do both.
I guess as time slowly slips away we will judt do whatever we have time for and we will leave it all in God's hands. Isn't that where it all truly belongs anyway. As I will daily be praying for all of of our soldiers please keep mine in your prayers as well, God bless.

No comments: